Wednesday

Change - it's gonna do you good

So often I find my life to be a living parable. Living out things God is in the process of teaching me and then allowing me to teach others. Change has been a big word for me. Making needed changes in my life is on the front burner. So often we talk about change, kid about changing, but we just keep doing things the same. Well, God has taken me to task. I have prayed Lord change me.... I sing Change my heart O God and when he begins to put his finger on something--- I buck. Thought I wanted to change? I do. I just dont want it to cost me anything. I want to go to sleep and wake up miraculously different! Changing bad habits is probably the most difficult- wouldn't you agree? But God is only calling me to obedience this day. I dont have to worry about if I can keep this up tommorrow --just keep it up today. But I get busy and go on auto pilot. Ever done that? I find myself responding in old familiar ways. So...... I found out something else-- change takes effort. Concentrated, prayer bathed effort. I know the change he desires in my life is good. Even I can see that. I'm allowing that to become my motivation. But I have also found God to provide the effort needed to change when I am sincere in my cooperation. ...... some things have to go. Out with the old, in with the new. Yep, I'm changing. Its (ouch) good. Its' all good. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Concentrated, prayer bathed EFFORT! Concentrated, prayer bathed EFFORT! Yes! great word! I feel a bit more ready to face the changes He is nudging toward my heart.

love,
Teresa Cocke