Friday
My life is not my own
Almost everyday my husband says early in the morning, "What are your plans for today?". I used to answer with a list of all my " to do's". My current answer is "I don't know". It's not a sarcastic answer-- its truthful. I dont really know. Since quitting my formal job years ago I have never quite known where I will be during the day because even my best laid plans get changed. There have been times that this bugged me alot. But as I grow in the Lord I am learning to just commit my day to him. I still plan. I still have lists. I still have errands to run. I do. But...... so often God needs to interrupt these plans to send me to talk to a confused college student, have lunch with a friend that needs to talk, or make a visit to someone. I dont excel in unselfishness. I dont even come close. In fact, I really struggle in this area. But I truly desire to please God. I want to be flexible. I want to cheerfully change my plans. I'm getting better about this - however the cheerfulness still needs some work. But I always get blessed when I obey and make the necessary adjustment to the schedule.There is a reason God does that. He is not trying to mess up my day. In fact He makes my day. I learn about God and learn to use the gifts within me and...... I get to minister alongside him. Cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment