Monday

I can only imagine

http://www.andiesisle.com/icanonlyimagine.html

Yesterday, in church we sang this song (click on site above) and everytime it really gets to me. What will it be like to truly stand in front of Jesus? Will I be able to speak? I think not. I think the awesomeness and reality of His presence will take my breathe and voice away. I believe I will bow and honor the one who gave his life for me. I want to say thank you with every fiber of my being then I want to stand up and hug him - a hug where heart touches heart. The kind that last long after the embrace.

Often in church, on Sunday mornings or at the Wednesday night service I try to imagine Jesus sitting in the sanctuary listening as we sing praises. I've wondered if I would sing differently if he were sitting there. Would I care how others worship or sing or that they see me truly worship and sing? I hope not. But I think my song would be more sincere -- my praise more recognizable. Often we sing familiar songs and just get carried along my the words we know. We sing them by memory , but perhaps not by passion and true praise. Focused worship is important. I confess sometimes mine is not. So..... I'm left to only imagine when the day WILL come and we will stand worshipping the Son. Yea...... right now I can only imagine.

No comments: