During the months of June and July I stepped out of teaching my weekly bible study in order to get refreshed, rested and spend time with God. I wanted to know I was doing what he desired and being who He has called me to be. I knew my life and schedule needed some adjustments. I find it difficult to rest. I mean really rest--a do nothing type rest. I often feel guilty and think I wasted a day if I dont "do" something. It's the "Martha" complex and yes they have written books about it. Yes, I've read the books but still occassionally suffer from "Martha-itis."
This sabbatical (a called rest) has been wonderful and hard. The hard part I just described. The wonderful part is that I have had quality and quantity time with the Lord. Don't you love it when you spend time with someone and it was a good time. Time with the Lord always has the potential to be good time if...... I truly stay in the moment. You do know you can be with someone and not really be with them at all, don't you? I do. But this time has been great togetherness. It has reminded me of the very old hymn "In the Garden" especially the chorus that says, "And he walks with me, and he talks with me and he tells me I am his own. And the joy we share as we tary there... none other , has ever, known. Yep, I'm learning to linger and loving it.
Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment