This picture was taken on my 50th birthday just recently. I got to turn 50 in London. Awesome! It wasnt planned as a birthday trip but hey it happened. The day was great. My husband sang Happy Birthday (ok that wasnt the great part), I got text messages from all the kids and friends. I had a birthday card under my hotel door first thing that morning. It was a great day. The weather in London totally cooperated. It was blue skies. Great Shopping weather! Well..... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. The first couple hours of the day were spent first on the double decker bus as we headed towards Maddam Toussads. She is the lady that developed the true art of wax figures way back in the 1800's. Her museum is filled with wax likeness of numerous movie stars, sports and historical figures. I even had my picture made with the Pope!
From there we went to Covent Gardens. It's a part of London that is picture perfect. An old station has been converted to shopping venues and eatieries complete with string quartets that delight the most reluctant shopper. I got a black leather jacket for my birthday. Tim got one too. Not sure why - hey he's already 50! There were a few other goodies to round out my birthday spree. That night we went to dinner at Garfunkels that serves good European cuisine and then to the London Theater to see the play "Wicked". It was great! It's the story that preceeds the Wizard of Oz. Its not about being Wicked at all. If you get a chance to go see it I highly recommend it! Well.... it was a birthday like none other and I enjoyed every minute of it. I supposed 51 might not be as big but I'm not giving up this early. Oh, no.
From there we went to Covent Gardens. It's a part of London that is picture perfect. An old station has been converted to shopping venues and eatieries complete with string quartets that delight the most reluctant shopper. I got a black leather jacket for my birthday. Tim got one too. Not sure why - hey he's already 50! There were a few other goodies to round out my birthday spree. That night we went to dinner at Garfunkels that serves good European cuisine and then to the London Theater to see the play "Wicked". It was great! It's the story that preceeds the Wizard of Oz. Its not about being Wicked at all. If you get a chance to go see it I highly recommend it! Well.... it was a birthday like none other and I enjoyed every minute of it. I supposed 51 might not be as big but I'm not giving up this early. Oh, no.




No comments:
Post a Comment