Tuesday

I don't do Halloween

Ok - I don't do Halloween. There I've said it. I did years ago when my kids were small but then somewhere in their middle school years I had to stop and ask myself why? What is the redeeming quality of this holiday? "Some" would probably say its harmless. That's what "some" said about the Harry Potter series and what "some" say about marijuiana and what "some" say about R-rated movies......... "Some" would say instead of trick or treating we should go up to their doors and hand them a christian track. I guess. It's just that I could never get the hang of that.

Anyway, that seemed like MY deal not my kids. If they were out and about they wanted to do what "everybody" else was doing anyway. So.... I had an alternative. I would take my kids bowling, to a movie etc. I would let them buy whatever candy they wanted (they would get to pick the good stuff). I must admit it's been like a fish swiming upstream. It's like walking against the flow of the crowd. I wish I could say I was so noble in all areas of my life but.......... I'm not. However, I am working on it. This may be one small area but its ONE!

No comments: