Sunday

Highly techno!

I got a new gadget for my birthday. An IPod touch they call it. I was in the market for a new IPod since I had sort of "overwhelmed" my old one with downloads of songs and sermons. This thing is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my league but I am intrigued by it. First of all, it is wi-fi. Didn't say high five I said wi-fi. Its wireless and anywhere you might go that has wireless technology floating in the aire waves --you can use it and connect to your emails , the Internet and all sorts of great stuff. Love it.

Last week I had the opportunity to be in Florida at my sisters condo and it was my first real chance to use the gizmo. Sitting on the balcony, looking at the ocean, I was accessing my emails and communicating with multiple people, all from my IPOD! I thought to myself "this is crazy". I checked the weather for Perdidio Key, got directions to the nearest Office Depot (sister needed some more technology), looked at my daughters wonderful wedding pictures from 2 years ago- ALL from my IPOD. Love it. I listened to Chris Tomlin, Celeine Dion, and Russ Taff and never left my chair. Love it.


I have downloaded several sermons from at least 5 different pastors, and have my favorite music at my finger tips... I tell you LIFE is good.

Ok.... I am a little carried away I know. But I see potential here. Potential to grow and learn as I get to listen to others teach and preach from pulpits I would never get to be in front of. I can get online and look up Scripture and read books and things that might not have been packed in my travel bag. Technology can be good. I realize there is all sorts of evil using it too but I for one am using it for good. I am appreciative of my gift. Love the IPOD touch. :)

No comments: