Thursday

No pain - no gain uh?

broken arm Pictures, Images and PhotosWell, surgery is over and its once again time to pay visits to my physical "terrorists" , I mean therapists! Nah, my physical therapists is VERY good and compassionate. I arrived on time the day after my surgery dreading any movement on the freshly operated shoulder. She tried to distract me as she gently began to move my shoulder that I did not want moved. No pain, no gain uh?

Well, I'm gaining motion and I've got the pain marks to prove it. It's been several months now since I have been able to use my left arm so...... I am ready...... sort of..... yes, yes.... I am ready. (Have to keep telling myself this). I am having to learn as I get older that I can't do EVERYTHING. This has been a rude awakening because I feel like I can do EVERYTHING. But once you blow out 50 candles on a cake things start to go snap, crackle and sometimes even POP. Case in point, my shoulder. My friend Debbie has encouraged me to enjoy the post-surgery confinement. I am trying to. She's says milk it for all its worth. I am trying to. But honestly I prefer being on the go. Showing up where I normally show up and doing what I love doing.

Tonight, I will miss Yada Sisterhood, which is a joy and a blessing in my life. I sure wanted to be there and sad that I cant. Everything is taken care of and that not the point. I just love the ministry and parts God has given me. But.....I am taking my friends advice and my doctors advice and my husbands advice and the postman's advice and.... and laying low, healing and gathering strength for another day. I am grateful for good friends that have cooked, and prayed and sent flowers and offered help in every imaginable way. I am blessed. :)

No comments: