Do you know the difference between a physical therapists and a terrorists? You can reason with a terrorists! Ha! That's what the sign says at physical Therapy. HEY "They" think its funny. "They" being those who deliver the pain - NOT those receiving. My life has been altered somewhat by my recent shoulder surgery. I now spend MUCH time with my physical therapists Mikki and Benny. Outwardly, they seem kind- and gentle. But arm them with a prescription for therapy and their altered egos come out. They are determined to do EXACTLY what the physician wants them to do - ouch! I dont scream. I could. There is another young woman (a rookie) who just began her torture treatment a couple of days ago. She's a screamer! She just lets it rip. Yep- everybody in the building knows when "they" are bending her knee beyond her desire. I looked at my "pain-deliverer" and I said, "I could be doing that" She said "Doing what?" I said, "Screaming". She said, "I wish you wouldnt, but either way I"ll just keep going. Screaming doesnt bother me". Ummmmm. I decided to give it a go. Nope...... screaming doesn't bother her. Darn. So I am back to suffering in silence. The pain, the agony and .... no one to hear me. Torture I tell you , pure torture. But I do believe one day , some day I will once again be able to move my left shoulder and when I can --- my left hook may just go flying.. Just kidding... of course. I would never repay the pain. Really. Seriously... ummmmmmmmm
Wednesday
Let's get Physical - ugh!
Do you know the difference between a physical therapists and a terrorists? You can reason with a terrorists! Ha! That's what the sign says at physical Therapy. HEY "They" think its funny. "They" being those who deliver the pain - NOT those receiving. My life has been altered somewhat by my recent shoulder surgery. I now spend MUCH time with my physical therapists Mikki and Benny. Outwardly, they seem kind- and gentle. But arm them with a prescription for therapy and their altered egos come out. They are determined to do EXACTLY what the physician wants them to do - ouch! I dont scream. I could. There is another young woman (a rookie) who just began her torture treatment a couple of days ago. She's a screamer! She just lets it rip. Yep- everybody in the building knows when "they" are bending her knee beyond her desire. I looked at my "pain-deliverer" and I said, "I could be doing that" She said "Doing what?" I said, "Screaming". She said, "I wish you wouldnt, but either way I"ll just keep going. Screaming doesnt bother me". Ummmmm. I decided to give it a go. Nope...... screaming doesn't bother her. Darn. So I am back to suffering in silence. The pain, the agony and .... no one to hear me. Torture I tell you , pure torture. But I do believe one day , some day I will once again be able to move my left shoulder and when I can --- my left hook may just go flying.. Just kidding... of course. I would never repay the pain. Really. Seriously... ummmmmmmmm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment