Monday

Easter for the first time?

This morning I had the opportunity to sit down and write in my journal all the things I feel so blessed about. My number one blessing is my salvation. I don't know about you, but I am pretty sure my life would be a mess with out Jesus. Easter has significant meaning for me. I am always amazed as we go through Holy Week and all the events of Jesus' life leading up to Easter. This year was very surreal. I had invited any of the team that didn't go home for the weekend to come to Easter services with us. Several responded and came. One in particular surprised me. She is not a believer. In fact, we have had several conversations about whether God exists or not. Have you ever tried to convince someone of this? It seems like an easy argument but not for those who really have no reference points. We are making head way in that conversation. She agrees that there is a God (I guess) and that He probably is the one who decides who goes to heaven or hell (yes she believes in both) but is totally clueless about the criteria (if you will) of going either place. Again, we are making some head way, slowly. But there she sat Sunday--- right beside me. She has only been to church 2 other times in her life, both of them with me. She has never been to an Easter service. Can you imagine that? I was constantly wondering what she must be thinking. I was constantly praying for God to open up her heart so she could understand. After church I inquired as to what she thought. In her native accent she said, "it was quite lovely". She seemed to enjoy it and I think she was paying attention. Maybe that's the most I will get out of her for the time being. But I trust that God is working. He came that NONE should perish and that includes her. She wasn't raised in church and doesn't really know a single Bible story. But Sunday she was faced with the cross and the Christ that died in her place. Will you join me in praying for her salvation?

That she will come to know what you and I have known - HE LIVES !!!


"you asked me how I know He lives, He Lives within my heart"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! sweet sister I will join you in prayer for her!
love,
teresa
Braden,TN

Anonymous said...

Easter Service at NUMC was wonderful!! The family and I then came home for a turkey and all the trimmings meal. Later that night Frank and I watched The Passion... I cried and cried. The film reminded me Easter is a marvelous gift. May we not forget how much it cost!!

Anonymous said...

It was an honor to sit besides you Miss Lisa, thanks for the invitation.
Ps. Your drawing is coming..