I love snow! I was thrilled last Friday when it FINALLY started coming down. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Once when I looked outside there were very large flakes- like it was raining snow! Before I went to bed I just had to check one last time to make sure it was still snowing. Yep. It was. The snow gave such a glow that it looked like I had on my outside lights. Everything looked so clean - so pretty. The next morning Hootie and I went slip sliding down our driveway to get the mail. Hootie took off in his normal morning trot only to experience a "splat" of sorts until he regained his composure. Even tho my kids are not home I didn't think that disqualified me from building a snow man. So I got out my snow gear and begged Tim to come out and play in the snow. The snow scrooge said no but it didn't keep me from going. I headed to the back yard to retrieve the snow for my "snow player" I was about to build. I didn't want to mess up the front yard - it was too pretty. As I was working feverishly to get the snow piled up ready to move to the front yard for my masterpiece a snowball came out of the blue and landed at my feet. My first thought was the kids that were out across the street. I thought, "I bet they have no idea that their errant snow ball almost hit me". That was.... until snow ball number two arrived..... and then three , four...... OK that's it.. The fight is on. I packed a good one and launched my attack. I had no idea who I was fighting but hey... they started it. I really secretly hoped it wasn't my next door neighbor out with his grandson. Bam! right to the neck. The snowball was cold and hard and lets just say this isn't your kid fight anymore. I packed quicker and launched faster. I was sure I must be hitting something and then I heard it--- the all too familiar laugh. Mr. Snow Scrooge had come out after all. He finally showed his face and I let him have one right to the chops. It was a good snow fight! Reluctantly Mr. Snow Scrooge helped me create my snow masterpiece. I felt it was the showpiece of the street-- yea first place material.
Well, its been a couple of days now since most all of the snow melted EXCEPT my snowman. There is still the small remainings of a fun day in the snow. I love snow.




No comments:
Post a Comment