I'm off to Las Vegas today. It's in the desert you know. Temperatures usually 100+. Yep, it will feel just like home. Tim & I have been going to Las Vegas since 1978. Always on business. He has his national convention in Vegas every year. Sometimes we also go to the National Home show or the Consumer Electronics show. I've seen inside almost every hotel. My favorite is still Ceasar's Palace. There is so much to see and experience that every time you go something is new. We always go stand in front of the Bellagio and watch the dancing waters. Amazing. The Paris Hotel where we stay is a replica of you guessed it "Paris." The staff greets you in French, Parisian music plays throughout the hotel.There are mime's in the walkways just like in Paris. French pastries are abundant and my favorite resturant in all Las Vegas is in the front of the Hotel--- Mon Ami Gabi (French for My Friend Gabi.) It has great food and great atmosphere. We usually choose to sit outside. You can see the waters at the Bellagio and hear the music while you eat. I like that. Since I don't gamble or drink Las Vegas could be boring. However I do "spa." Love it! Tim always provides me with a pampering while we are there. Some good time for me is spent around the pool. Pools in Las Vegas are incredible. Bands play, lunch is delivered and the sights????? Well let's just say some people are not very conscious of how they look in a swimsuit. Two years ago I wrote one of the chapters of my book while sitting at the pool at Bally's. Bally's and Paris are connected and owned by the same people. I like the pool at Bally's. When I travel I take a bag just for my Bible, devotionals, study books etc. So I go to the pool - find me a good spot and read, ponder, write and listen. I find it very inspiratonal actually. All humanity is on display. I see pain and hurt, I see confusion and lostness. I often muse about the stories of the people at the pool. Other than that we enjoy some great meals and great fun with our business friends. My friend Rita from Dallas will be there. So will Maria from Traverse City, Michigan, as well as, Susan from Alabama and many more. They are fun and we come from the "same page" so to speak. So....... I am going to finish packing. Cool clothes only! See you in a few!!!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment